Thursday, May 30, 2013

The good the bad, and the ugly

The Good
My husband - I can't say it enough, but he's awesome. He empties my drains, changes my bandages, gets up every four hours to help with pills, rearranged our bedroom to better accommodate me, really, he's been at my call every hour of the day. He's so good. Ladies, I hope you all find men as amazing as Jay.

Hannah's lasagna, the meal train started the other day with Hannah's lasagna. So delicious!  Thanks also to Elizabeth for the lemon chicken and Chelsie for the chicken and noodles and apple cobbler- my mom wants the recipe.

Alex - my little man comes home today! I'm so excited, I've missed him so much!

God - enough said.  Well maybe not, but all my praise to the big man upstairs, my strength is in Him!

The Bad
My Pride - I cannot shower by myself, I can't reach a cup, let alone pour my own juice, I can't brush my own hair, I can't dress myself, I can't, I can't ....  I know, I'm whining. It's difficult to rely on others for my basic needs. I'm so thankful for all the help, I'm working on accepting it with a little more grace.


The Ugly
Drains - I went home with two. I originally had four, one on each of my hips and one on the side of each breast. Drains suck. Having them removed sucks, having two still in sucks more. They look gross, they have to be cleaned and emptied, I have to clip them to my shirt, they have to be attached to a rope around my neck while I shower. The drain sites themselves are uncomfortable to say the least.   Drains suck. 





No comments:

Post a Comment