Monday, May 13, 2013

Glowing in the Dark

Be advised: This isn't a deep, emotionally raw post. I'm just not capable of doing those every time! Consider this more of an update.

I had a ton of pre-op tests this past week. I'm fairly certain that I glow in the dark now because they took every sort of picture they possibly could of my chest area.  They also took enough blood to feed a vampire family for a week.  I had to fast for one of the tests and then when it came time for another, they had trouble getting a vein and decided I needed to eat/drink something.  I was offered a Dr. Pepper and some graham crackers. Dr. pepper was great but I'm sorry, I'm 30, not 3. If you are gonna offer me a graham cracker there had better be some nutella with it!  The happy news is all the tests are good to go and I am healthy enough to sustain a 10-12 hour surgery!

On a side note, I was asked 4 times if I was pregnant, 6 times if you count the "are you sure" that usually followed.  If you read my previous post, you know how much I love being asked this question. The reason I find it so amusing is that these people have my chart in front of them. Not only that, this is the same hospital, where not even 2 months ago, I had my hysterectomy. 

So anyhow, a lot of you have been asking how you can help and I'll be honest, I'm not good with asking for accepting help.  My friend Hannah - who is super awesome - has set up a meal train account.  If you are local and want to help, this is a great way to do so. Very frankly, my biggest concern during this whole process isn't me, its my boys. Jay and Alex collectively make up "the boys" and ensuring they are taken care of is by far my biggest concern.   The meal train is an awesome way to help because we all know that if it doesn't involve a grill, Jay doesn't cook.  I've posted the link if you'd like to participate. 

http://www.mealtrain.com/?id=m92h5i518r5t

No comments:

Post a Comment