Wednesday, May 22, 2013

One more day

I feel like this week has flown by.  I honestly expected it to crawl by and i be a hot mess who consumes excessive amounts of mommy juice.  Luckily, only the mommy juice applies...just kidding...kinda.  In an effort to keep my nerves at bay I've tried to keep myself busy. Naturally, I have about 5 working to-do lists. Tuesday night Jay and I had a date night. Last night was a family date night!  Tonight will be kept low-key. My mom should be here and we are having friends over (Joe, Ashley and their kiddo Leona). Alex and leona are like-size buddies who bith like to wrestle, its always a good time.  Ashley claims she can braid hair so she's gonna braid mine in an effort to help me look presentable Friday.  Having two  toddlers around will help keep my mind off Friday.   Surgery is Friday morning. We will be at the hospital by 530 am.  Jay will post updates on the blog and Facebook. And I'll probably post a few while in the hospital. I may have Jay look them over first to insure the morphine doesn't cause any crazy posts.  In the meantime, keep the prayers coming!

So I must say a special thank you to my small group. This weekend we had a "bye bye boobies" party.   It was one of the best nights out I've had in a long time and it was exactly what I needed.  We had the gathering at Hooters and played inappropriate games for inappropriate  boobie prizes, and had boobie cupcakes. We laughed, toasted my cleavage, and laughed more. It was truly a Fantastic night!

Now, those of you who are not familiar with my small group need to understand that we are not your traditional group.  This small group once spent half an hour comparing tattoos!  God truly had a plan in mind when he put our group together and a day doesn't go by that I don't give thanks for these people.  (Picture below)

Also, a big thanks to my church family at connection pointe!  My blog has made it's rounds and complete strangers have signed up for the meal train or donated money to it. You don't know me or my boys but I thank you from the bottom of my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment