Sunday, June 2, 2013

Oops

I fainted in the shower last night. Oops. I swear I hadn't been overdoing it. I also swear that I was plenty hydrated. Luckily Jay was right there and I didn't crash or bang into anything making the situation any worse. I felt it come on and told Jay that  I might pass out. Apparently I did, quickly.  I felt awful, because naturally, I scared Jay. I hate it when Jay looks at me like that -full of concern and a little fear.  I'm sorry babe, I never want to put you in that position.

Once again, I likely overestimated my abilities and underestimated the toll that a 12 hour surgery took on my body.  Needless to say, passing out in the shower scared me a bit too. Today, I haven't left my room.  Luckily, my master suite is giant and is now functioning as not only my bedroom but also my living room, Alex's playroom and our dining room. 

Otherwise, I feel ok.  I sleep a lot. My incisions (about 15 inches across my lower abdomen and too many to count on my breasts) are healing well and a bit itchy.  Hopefully tomorrow the doc can get me in to pull one of the drains. The drains are still a pain. The breast drain has little output and is more painful so hopefully this happens tomorrow!  I have a feeling that the remaining hip drain will stay until my checkup on the 11th. 

Super nice to have my little man home. He understands that mommy has lots of "owies" and that he needs to be gentle. He is 2 and forgetful so I always have a pillow around for protection.  An Alex hug with a pillow between is just as good as one without!

2 comments:

  1. You are so correct that the drains are a pain - I had mine in with the second surgery for almost two weeks. Hard to sleep with those things. Glad your little man is home to help Mommy heal!! Aunt Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers, thoughts to you and your family.

    Dee McCracken

    ReplyDelete